We are pleased to support efforts made by the agency in the fight against Coronavirus by offering a ready-to-use Digital Data Capture and Management Solution to serve as a tool for NCDC and healthcare givers to remotely monitor people in voluntary self-isolation across the country.
The solution has form building capabilities and customizable web-form templates that can be used for two purposes:
1) For admins (NCDC and Healthcare givers) to enrol self-isolated individuals by collecting necessary details such as name, age, address, medical history etc.
2) A Self-isolation Monitoring Sheet to be used by the self-isolated individual to record their symptoms or lack of it, every day until the isolation period is over. The Self-isolation Monitoring Sheet can be shared as a link to individuals anywhere in the country.
Also, it is a mobile solution that works on Android and Windows devices which means, self-isolated individuals can fill the forms using their smartphones or mobile devices, and the admins (NCDC and Healthcare givers) can use their already existing devices to monitor the data. This rules out any need for new hardware devices.
The platform comes fitted with a built-in intuitive dashboard, like this, for the admins (NCDC and Healthcare givers) to see all inputted records in real-time for the purpose of monitoring and to know when they would need to jump in and administer further care.
It works offline which means it can be used in areas where there is poor internet connectivity. Self-isolated individuals can still record their symptoms or lack of it even when their devices are offline. The data will be stored on the device and will sync to the admins’ (NCDC and Healthcare givers) dashboard once the devices detect the internet. However, for the purpose of real-time monitoring and immediate response, the internet is paramount.
Even more, this system can serve as a data field to mine insights to better understand the virus: including the behavioural pattern of the virus in people of different demographic and psychographic groups, the peak time for specific symptom emergence in different cases, even the effect of over-the-counter drugs in curtailing the symptoms. All of these data can go into good use for the proper management of self-isolated individuals.
What is the process flow for this solution?
- The solution offers a ready-to-use Self-isolation Monitoring Sheet or an easy-to-use form builder that will allow admins (NCDC and Healthcare givers) to customize the available Self-isolation Monitoring Sheet if they see fit.
- It will create a link for the published forms, which can be customized, and shared. These forms can also be embedded in the NCDC or designated hospitals’ websites, shared on social media or sent via email to anyone within the country.
- Self-isolated individuals can access the Self-isolation Monitoring Sheet on a smartphone or mobile device on which they can input their symptoms or lack of it every day until the isolation period is over (usually 14days).
- The admin dashboard is already set up to churn the data provided by the self-isolated individuals into real-time readable insights.
- The solution has full geotagging capabilities that will be necessary to pinpoint the location of all self-isolated individuals on a digital map. Since the data is also location-based, it becomes easy to flag when isolated individuals have moved from their designated locations.
- We take GDPR and NDPR seriously by ensuring complete data security at every stage of the data’s lifecycle (at-rest or in-transit), including tight Access Management and Control.
What are some benefits of using the Seamfix self-isolation monitoring tool?
- To boost remote surveillance of suspected COVID-19 cases.
- To enable prompt detection of symptomatic persons with COVID-19.
- To foster effective response to self-isolated individuals and rapid diagnosis.
- To serve as a platform for efficient COVID-19 suspected case management.
- To also serve as a starting point for contact tracing and identification of transmission chains.
- To act as a standard data warehouse for future references and a reliable source for communication.
- To help clear up bed spaces in the hospital as these patients can be properly taken care of remotely.
Self-isolation is better for everyone when there’s an attentive digital nurse nearby! Ready to get on board?
Together we can work to slow the spread of the virus. #StaySafe