The world health organization (WHO) has declared the Coronavirus (Covid-19) a global pandemic, and along with the rest of the world, we’ve been concerned about the rapid spread of the virus and its effect on the country as a whole.
What really is coronavirus?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illnesses.
As COVID-19 makes its way across the globe and with everything happening, a lot of people might find it very hard to make critical decisions and perhaps have a lot of questions going through their minds- who to invent the vaccine, when this pandemic will end, where to run to? why it’s taken so long to evacuate affected countries and what to do today about the current situation. I call these the 5w’s of Covid-19. These questions and even more are yet unanswered.
At Seamfix, we are closely monitoring the situation and will like to share our response and preventive measures put in place to ensure the safety of our clients, employees and overall business.
Here are our safety plans for YOU and US
- Non-stop Service and Product Delivery: We will work tirelessly to ensure that all our products and services function as usual without any inconvenience or delay. We are best positioned to continue delivering high-quality services and experiences.
- Available Customer Service: Feel free to contact us via email and phone call. Kindly note that our Customer Success Team will only be available to pick up chats and phone calls at the usual time (8 am – 5 pm).
- Business Continuity: You can trust that business will go on seamlessly. We assure you that Seamfix has effective contingency plans for future emergencies, just like this.
- Postponed Activities: We have deferred all our business travels and upcoming events in affected countries for the time being.
- Remote Work Schedules: As a precautionary measure, we have incorporated remote and flexible work schedules into our daily work routine. This we did to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors.
- Healthy Work Environment: We have done a lot in this regard;
- We are enforcing frequent hand washing habits or use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers which we have installed in strategic locations.
- Employees are mandated to stay home when they feel unwell or self-isolate for 14 days if they have been to a country with high confirmed cases.
- We carry out regular temperature checks using sensors at all entry points. Anyone with heightened temperature will be given immediate medical attention.
- We are ensuring crowd control and social distancing in our various outlets.
Here’s what you should do
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Practice respiratory hygiene and also, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider.
We understand these are challenging and sometimes frightening times but we encourage everyone to promote preparedness, positivity and erase potential panic.
We believe we will fight through this!