It is necessary, if not mandatory, for every Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) to imbibe a data-driven culture from start to finish, such that before every action is taken, data is collected to ‘get the facts rights’ and to glean insights of how to be impactful in their community.
However, the market is challenging partly because the tool needed to do this is either unavailable or not holistic enough to cater to peculiar project needs. Thus, NGOs will have to settle for numerous solutions to do different things — one to capture biometrics, one to capture textual data, one to analyze, another to do something else. This is a major problem especially for organizations in this industry that relies heavily on funding.
NGOs, Meet BioRegistra — a digitization tool that enables organizations to convert paper forms to robust digital forms, enhancing the collection of data for business processes. BioRegistra, as a data digitization tool, nullifies the shortcomings of paper forms, especially the redundancy that they bring to business operations and overall productivity of fast-paced organizations. (Request a Demo.)
With BioRegistra in mind, let us answer the grassroots problems with data collection in the NGO space, which we have summed into 2 broad questions:
– With BioRegistra, NGOs have a robust platform to collect all kinds of information — textual, fingerprints, image, and so on, that conform with accepted predefined standards. Considering that data collection is just one aspect of the key components needed by organizations in this space to function, BioRegistra provides them with end-to-end analytics of all data collected in the field. That’s one device to carry out the data capture and the same device to analyze. This completely eliminates the need for NGOs to spend cash on multiple half-baked devices and greatly improves on paper forms in that it saves time on the timelines set by these organizations for research and campaigns, which in turn quickens project impact.
– Depending on the size and scope of a project, BioRegistra allows these organizations to onboard as many field agents as possible to the platform, ensuring that they cover as many locations as possible in a short while. Armed with BioRegistra on a mobile Android or Windows device, field agents and volunteers can collect every type of data needed, without limits in the field.
– Still on the ‘No limits’ capabilities, how about when NGOs need to carry out a project in remote locations where internet connection is either shaky or outright unavailable? Here’s your answer…BioRegistra’s offline features will ensure field agents and volunteers can always fill digital forms whether there is internet connection or not. This means organizations are able to expand their reach and collect data anywhere.
– Even more, admins can stay in the loop of data collection operations using the Agent and Data Management Dashboard on BioRegistra, which provides an overview of all capture activities for every project and easy monitoring and evaluation of agent’s performance.
– A proper assemblage of accurate data collection and proper analysis of collated data is essential to NGOs when monitoring and evaluating the impact of programs, and also instrumental to the pursuit & interaction with the right group of people and organizations.
– Data collected can be used to win the hearts of donors and ultimately convince them that their programs/projects are worth every penny of donor funds. Primarily, donors want to see verifiable outcomes of the different initiatives and programs that they fund or intend to fund, and this can be best presented using detailed data and analytics. The structured insight gained from the data will keep you accountable to your donors.
– On the flip side, incorrect information or insufficient data can be a significant deterrent to the efficient and smooth functioning of the NGO’s targeted approach.
We believe the work you do is really important and adopting a data capture solution/software that ensures your efforts make the desired impact is just as important. So if you own or work for a non-governmental organization or even a nonprofit organization and need to start making data-driven decisions, remember that BioRegistra is the perfect digitization tool for you to collect and analyze data, thereby making you a forward thinking and impactful NGO to your community.
Why not give it a try… IT’S FREE.